Monday, August 31, 2009

About

I like Sailor Moon, SkinsUK, Harry Potter, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Gaga, Beethoven, Chopin, Chicago, the smell of used book stores, Chipotle, nighttime drives in the winter and long car rides in the summer. I like tea in coffee mugs, pocket notebooks, black ink, late nights and early mornings. I love Tim Burton, White Oleander, The National, Anthony Bourdain, Gia Carangi, Charlie Kaufman, Joan Didion, Jack Kerouac, Rainer Maria Rilke, Steppenwolf, Charles Bukowski, John Green, W.H. Auden, J.D. Salinger, Rilo Kiley, Bon Iver, The House on Mango Street and Jenny Lewis. I read a book a week. I like to wander for hours in art museums and stare out of bus windows. I live in a silent film. I make lists of languages I want to learn and places I want to travel to. I have 79 pages of quotes that I love saved in a word document on my computer. The sea runs through my veins. I see stories in photographs, on street corners, in cracks of pavement, imprinted on the bottom of shoes.
Everything here is part of a story that all makes sense inside my head.
send notes here: asiwroteoneday [at] gmail [dot] com
"frankly, I always thought that
my writing was for the purpose of
keeping me from going
under
but it appears I've helped any number
of others."

—Charles Bukowski, "About The Mail Lately"
♇♆

3 comments:

  1. You have lovely taste, dearest. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could read as much as you. I mostly read journals written by a bunch of authors who do not embrace the art of exaggerating.

    ReplyDelete