Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's not Christmas

but I just fell in love with this song.



twenty-five years old and a bachelor's degree
your parents helped out with graduation fees
the loans were never enough
the credit cards are calling your bluff, fold your hand, cut them up, move away
or you'll be payin' them off till your kids grow old
and they'll do the same
there's no more runnin' water
wrappin' presents in the dark
move into your car
change where you park
lyrics from Xmas Cake by Rilo Kiley

2 comments:

  1. Ah, thank you so much for your lovely comment, my sweet, and it was my pleasure! I just had to write something when I unearthed your blog; at first I thought I'd better not but the more I read, the more your words touched me. It is the most beautiful thing to have people that write about the same sorrows and fears and worries and joys that you have, even if no-one will ever be able to truly understand you, because it's impossible.

    Oh my, what a tangent I've gone off on! :P Just thank you for your beautiful words, they helped me linger in wonderland instead of crashing down to earth.

    much love,
    Sarah
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hell. This is my theme song. Seriously. Every word is true. I am living this song. :S

    ReplyDelete