Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's still the same story

I could be anyone. But I really want to be me. I am the unfortunate home to a parasitic disease. The part of me that's been ripped at the seams, the spaces where the disease spread like weeds has been clumsily patched back together, wrapped up in shiny paper and tied with a bow.

I could be anyone.

And so today, I'm that person with the stitches on my insides who pretends, goes on ignoring it like it'll all just heal, who believes that the clock will rewind and soon it will be like it never even happened. But really I just want that part of me to die, self-destruct, combust into tiny little pieces that fill the closed hand that's hanging out of the half-opened window and take off in flight as my fingers open.
-originally written by me on November 12th 2009-

7 comments:

  1. this is amazing.. and exactly how i feel right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image, great message, I think a lot of people could relate to this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I am a colony on a foreign land. Unimaginably isolated and yet part of the whole...

    I relate to you writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you have no idea how much I can relate to this...or maybe you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just beautiful. I feel like you've wrenched my soul open and spilled out what's inside. In a good way, of course ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete