Sunday, August 14, 2011

My gradual descent into a life I never meant

Well, I've never been good at lying or holding back secrets I should keep to myself. I always say too much so I'll confess that I never did like basement stairs even though I shouldn't. I hate how you could never see what you were getting yourself into until it's too late, until your body has already been lowered slowly into the ground and the earth has been slung on top of you as resolute as a solemn basement door slamming shut. And I never did like the shadowed space behind open doors, how you could enter a new life and meet something at the threshold that jolts you right back into your old one, how something could jump out from the darkness with a surprise and make you not want to move forward. I'm sorry I'm hard to live with, living is the problem for me.

2 comments:

  1. "how something could jump out from the darkness with a surprise and make you not want to move forward." this happens far too often, metaphorically of course.

    and yes! I did design my own layout, honestly if you're interested I'd be super happy to work with you to make you a new one, if you're inclined to change things up a bit! email me :) lovepotatoe@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a wonderful talent for writing, take care lovely! x

    ReplyDelete