Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tired but I'm trying

“I’m not going to be one of those people who sits around talking about what they’re gonna do. I’m just going to do it. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.”
--excerpt from Looking For Alaska by John Green

I'm dripping back into my old ways. I know it. But it's hard being here, stuck inside this box marked off with pencil. They're meant to fade and smear with time but I hardly notice any changes. Freedom only comes with a sprinkling of dreams, painting the future inside my head, imagining a life outside this box...

But dreams are always batted away by waking eyes. Reality always reappears.
My body is glued here inside this box, my body is imprisoned and yet my mind is free to wander.

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to make up an award just for you. :) For my favorite, secret blog. The one I go to when I'm reduced to the rawness of myself and want someone to mirror me. Okay, that sounded weird, lol. In other words, oh, how lovely it is to quietly find our people in the world...

    Really enjoyed the quote, particularly the part about the nostalgia of the future. Love the dripping back into my old ways. Makes me think you are ink. No, maybe paint. Hmm.. what kind of paint? Ohhhh, that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I feel just like this, and to be honest, John Green's words scare me to death.
    btw, I really like JG!

    ReplyDelete