Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recently Purchased Books: Part I

Orlando by Virginia Woolfe
'Tis by Frank McCourt
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas by Gertrude Stein
Moments of Being by Virginia Woolfe
The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Sophie's World by Jostein Gaardner
She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
Ten Great Mysteries by Edgar Allan Poe

7 comments:

  1. Dickens my darling Dickens
    One of the most amazing writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great list, I recently saw the film Orlando at the BFI in London and it was great - I'm sure the book is even better. Judging by your reading list you'd probably enjoy reading "Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day." I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Nice list. I think you'll enjoy Angela's Ashes. Makes me want to read it again. Another autobiography I think you'd really dig is Blackbird, by Jennifer Lauck. I read the entire thing in one sitting. I couldn't put it down. :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart Frank McCourt <3 I was devastated by his death! I also think you'll enjoy Angela's Ashes :) Such a beautiful memoir!
    Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orlando is one of the most fascinating and mesmerizing books I have ever read. These are all wonderful purchases. I have not heard of a few of these and I will definitely be checking them out! You are one of the few people I trust when it comes to book (or music) suggestions. Lol.

    PS. I gave you an award on my blog. Your posts always make me smile (well, except for the sad ones, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list.

    I am currently reading Sophie's World. It poses some interesting philosophical questions.

    Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list!!! Orlando and Sophie's world are my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete